Do you want to research and design experiences that raise the bar on the job offering for Amazon's largest employee population (Tier 1 Associates)? Make history in helping Amazon become earth's best and safest employer.
The Workforce Staffing Candidate Research & Experience team seeks to design and ensure that Amazon's largest employee population can have confidence in maintaining a bar-raising job offering. A bar raising job offering is one that is better than 50% of comparable jobs on the market. This requires highly localized expertise at scale to understand job seeker preferences -- both those whom Amazon hires, and those who find something they regard to be more compelling. Applying insights at scale will be the "secret sauce" for this design team. Hone your skills by partnering not only with design and creative professionals but also with data scientists and BI engineers to automate and scale your research and design.
We are a cross-functional organization comprising product management, research, design, and engineering. Lead the research that unpacks and rationalizes the preferences and sentiments of a diverse workforce population. Create surveys, facilitate focus groups, and then apply incisive insights into service design and digital experiences. Bring the voice of the candidate to life from the boardroom, to new hire events, to the HR planning table where compensation and benefits are designed and approved.
Key job responsibilities
· Lead the planning and strategic phases of projects. Proactively pitch ideas backed by strong insights and rationale.
· Design and deploy candidate surveys, user studies, or A/B tests
· Facilitate focus groups studies to unpack the underlying motivators
· Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups with detailed visual design specifications for web interfaces throughout the design process
· Independently deliver UX solutions for problems of large scope and complexity. Work through ambiguity, and adapt your approach to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders
· Advocate for human-centered design by partnering with researchers to test your solutions in front of users; build lightweight prototypes, and conduct scrappy and quick user testing on your own
· Present design work to UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership
· Contribute to user experience design guidelines and development best practices and standards at Amazon Design Community
· Proactively mentor and lead other designers
About the team
· 3+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· Experience in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, Framer, Axure, and the Adobe Creative Suite
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), a related field, or 4+ years of additional experience
· Experience designing and executing customer research studies including surveys or focus groups
· Service design experience (online or physical)
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Strong visual design skills to complement your UX skill
· Strong track record of iterative design, working closely with product and tech partners from inception through implementation
· Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
· Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.