UX Lead Magnetic
UX UIUS, Remotea month ago
Digital Studios Professional: Design the Future of Customer Engagement
Let your passion for user-centered design drive digital transformation initiatives for Fortune 1000 clients in the financial and professional services sectors.
When you join Magenic, you’ll have the once in a lifetime opportunity to work on interesting projects – most of them new product development with enterprise clients; clients who trust us to build and protect their large, mission-critical systems. Help us continue our collaborative journey and become one of many team members who love to exchange innovative ideas and best practices.
Magenic is expanding our experience design practice and we’re in search of an experienced creative and design thinking UX professional to join our team. We have 7 regional offices located around the country and travel is to be expected. This position will be a salaried role with excellent benefits. Salary will be commensurate upon experience.
Professionals in this role are responsible for working with clients and product teams to design and develop compelling, intuitive, and effective user experiences. This person may be working on multiple client projects and should be ‘front of the room” consultants. Designers should be able to partner effectively with business stakeholders, product owners, and software engineering teams to translate ideas and requirements into world-class digital products.
- Meet and collaborate with internal and external clients to identify business and user requirements and communicate results to the interdisciplinary project teams.
- Bring strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate ideas, business needs and user goals into interaction and design solutions.
- Access data from multiple sources (product requirements, tech constraints, customer research, web analytics, etc.), synthesize the inputs, and develop efficient user scenarios, classification schemes, navigation systems, design patterns, etc.
- Apply knowledge of usability, human factors, and the UX process to complete user experience of the product.
- Create and effectively present UX deliverables (wireframes, workflows, prototypes, visual mockups etc.) to explain and negotiate design solutions to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering teams on design & development integration in agile or iterative environments
- Develop competitive assessments and perform site heuristic and expert reviews.
- Help define UX performance metrics and perform post-development usability testing to validate business needs and user goals.
- Create, maintain and share project documentation and UX guidelines during and after project execution.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
If you have strong product, creative, and technical experience paired with a passion for user-centered design, we’re looking for you to join our team. A strong candidate will be excited to take on new challenges and be willing to learn new methods, practices and technologies.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of UX-related design experience. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred in product, interaction, information, or interface design; human-computer interaction; design planning; graphic design; communications or design-related equivalent. Candidates will have a strong balance of design skills and technical expertise, an outstanding portfolio, and experience in:
- Lean, Agile or Iterative software dev environments
- Leading the research, conceptualization, design, and testing of responsive omni-channel products for mobile, desktop, and web
- Adobe CC Suite of design tools, InVision, Sketch App, Figma
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Designing line of business (LOB) product solutions for enterprise customers in the finance, professional services or health services industries
- Working within the Microsoft Tech Stack and related dev environments
- Comprehensive medical/dental/etc. benefits
- Revenue sharing/401k
- Paid holidays
- Generous PTO
- Health club Reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Powerful laptop
- Annual holiday gifts (GoPro, Xbox, MSFT Surface)
- Continuous education & support: Free training/certifications, tech summit, user groups, code camps, tech lunch and learns, Magenic Masters, tuition reimbursement, books, conferences, Yammer, Mentorship/badge program, and more
- Plus extras like board game night, company-sponsored happy hours, Fragothons, Friday beer thirty, summer picnic, holiday party, soccer/softball leagues, Magenic In Motion fitness competition, and more