Do you want to lead and support UX Designers and UX Researchers that work on the apps used for space capabilities and cutting-edge technologies? Yes, we said space!
Rocket Communications is an enterprise UX Design company focused on designing mission-critical applications and systems. We are looking for a UX Manager with the right balance of thoughtful leadership and teamwork-ship to work with our current UX Managers in supporting our UX Design team as they solve some of our nation’s most complex space app user experience challenges.
We are a small but fast-growing company, and your work will have a direct impact on the success of our business. Though our projects are challenging and complex, our friendly team is fun and supportive, and the work is rewarding! Everyone works remotely from home (pre, mid, and post-pandemic) and we’re adept at collaborating with online tools.
- You are a strong and collaborative leader with phenomenal inter-personal and communication skills.
- You have a passion for supporting designers with their technical skill development and their career growth.
- You thrive in a fast-paced collaborative work environment.
- You have expert-level knowledge and experience in UX Design principals and process.
- You are fearless in taking on new challenges.
- You remain playful while supporting your team members.
- You maintain calmness and computer when navigating complex situations and tasks.
- You have a fearless and positive attitude towards work and life and want to help to ensure that Rocket remains a drama-free work environment.
- You have 5+ years experience leading User Experience design teams.
- You have strong hands-on UX Design experience with 10+ years experience in task analysis and research methodologies, creating concepts from scratch, detailed design, delivering to development, and support.
- You have expert level experience using UX Design tools and systems.
- Due to Rocket’s work with local and federal government agencies, US Citizenship & the ability to obtain a DoD Security clearance is required.
Bonus Points (Be sure to mention these in your interview)
- You have a high-level of awareness in the agile process for design and development.
- You have past management or leadership of projects and people.
- Understanding of government and enterprise work.
- Past experience working and managing a remote team.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer Sponsored and Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off and Floating Holidays
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Fitness Program
- Remote Work Allowance
- TSA Pre-Check Allowance
- Fully Remote Company
Your actual pay for this role will be based on your skills, experience, and location.
Affirmative Action & EEO Statement
Rocket Communications is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Please note this job posting is not designed to contain every activity, duty, or responsibility that is required of this position.