- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Information Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing research teams.
- Experience planning, executing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative research.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs.
- PhD in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or Information Science.
- Experience with privacy, security, identity, and/or data anonymization.
- Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s UX leaders help define and drive the future of Google design. They create and clarify strategy, conceptualize UX ecosystems in ways that mitigate complexity, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. They possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. You are a thoughtful team leader, manager, expert researcher, and visionary. You'll be responsible for guiding the careers of your team members, working closely with each of them to help them realize their full potential.
UX Research Managers are fierce advocates for the people who use our products as well as the members of their teams. You’re an expert at using qualitative research methods such as field studies, interviews, and diary studies to shape product development and influence overall strategy.
In this role, you’ll take the time to understand not just the execution side of UX, but also the business aspects of the products we build. You’ll collaborate with leaders of other UX, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
Trust and Safety is one of three pillars within the Chrome Browser App product area. Our mission is to deliver the safest and most trusted personal browser experience across devices.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to a team of UX Researchers.
- Lead research programs across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices.
- Build relationships and collaborate cross-functionally with other insights functions, Program and Product Managers, Engineers, and more to solve problems and prioritize UX opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, global environment.
- Contribute to strategy development through work with Product Management, Engineering, and Design.
- Determine appropriate projects for researchers within your team.