At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary:
The customer is at the center of everything we do at PayPal. As a leader in financial technologies, PayPal teams are cross-functional and inspired by the goal of improving the financial wellbeing of people and businesses around the world.
Our cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, and product leaders partner across the PayPal family of companies as one team to deliver unique and meaningful products for millions of customers around the world. As a UX Researcher within the Shopping team, you will play a role in developing deep understanding of consumers globally.
You will work alongside your cross-functional team members to influence decisions and ultimately deliver the best possible shopping experience for our consumers around the world. At PayPal, UX Researchers influence teams to make customer-centric decisions across the product development lifecycle. This includes early research to understand customer needs and problems and continues through to post-launch research that informs future iterations. Our studies employ a variety of qualitative research methods. We start with asking the right questions and end with targeted deliverables and storytelling that captivate and move stakeholders to action.
UX Researchers focus on the impact of our research and are steadfast advocates for our customers. As a UX Researcher, you will be the voice of the customer. You will craft research programs that bring team members answers to their most important questions. You will report to the Manager of our Global Commerce UXR team and be a member of our diverse Global Design Organization where we use our design and research skills to inspire and influence across the company. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds inside our team lead to innovation and inclusion in our product design. We advocate for meaningful and engaging experiences for our diverse global customers. We support each other, learn from challenges, and have fun along the way.
- Proactive member of a cross-functional product team(s) focused on identifying research opportunities.
- Execute research studies from beginning to end: identifying the right research questions, defining the participant sample, designing the study and executing with attention to detail and quality.
- Clear understanding of how various research functions and data sources (e.g. Market Research, Product Marketing, Analytics etc) contribute to the product development lifecycle how to leverage them.
- Present actionable insights and recommendations to multiple teams and leaders across the organization.
- Plan and deliver multi-phased research projects within budget, timeline and project requirements.
- Contribute to the community, providing support to junior team members, leveraging your strengths to help others grow. Be a part of our thriving UX Research practice, and culture.
- BA/BS + 5 yrs or Masters +4 yrs
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in the study of user experience, design, research or related fields; for example, Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors/HCI, Psychology, Cognitive Sciences OR alternative equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Experience across products and platforms, financial services expertise an advantage.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative research methods and approaches.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.