Who we are
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
LOCATION: AUSTIN OR CHICAGO. OPEN TO OTHER LOCATIONS.
The customer is at the center of everything we do at PayPal. As a leader in financial technologies, PayPal teams are cross-functional and inspired by the goal of improving the financial wellbeing of people and businesses around the world. Our cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, and product leaders partner across the PayPal family of companies as one team to deliver unique and meaningful products for millions of customers around the world.
As a UX Researcher within the Small Segment Solutions team, you will play a role in developing deep understanding of Small Businesses globally. You will work alongside your cross-functional team members to influence decisions and ultimately deliver the best possible Commerce Platform experience for our Small Businesses around the world.
At PayPal, UX Researchers influence teams to make customer-centric decisions across the product development lifecycle. This includes early research to understand customer needs and problems and continues through to post-launch research that informs future iterations. Our studies employ a variety of mixed methods. We start with asking the right questions and end with targeted deliverables and story telling that captivate and move stakeholders to action. UX Researchers focus on impact of our research and are steadfast advocates for our customers. As a UX Researcher you will be the voice of the customer. With some guidance, you will execute studies and research specific areas of a product domain. You will work across different domains supporting your cross-functional team.
You will report to Senior Manager of Small Business and Commerce UXR and be a member of our diverse Global Design Organization where we believe that different perspectives and backgrounds inside our team lead to innovation and inclusion in our product design. Our UX community believes in investing in personal and professional growth so that everyone has an opportunity to learn, stretch and to elevate each other. If you want to work alongside motivated, talented people all focused on positive impact around the world, reach out.Job
- Formulate, develop and execute on multiple research methods, identifying best methodology in partnership with other team members and executing with attention to detail and quality.
- Analyze data, develop impactful insights and deliverables, with the support of a senior researcher.
- Present compelling and actionable insights and recommendations to multiple teams across the organization.
- Plan and deliver research programs within budget, timeline and project requirements.
- Play an active role in our thriving UX Research practice, and culture.
- BA/BS + 3 yrs or Masters +2 yrs in the study of user experience, design, research or related fields; for example, Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors/HCI, Psychology, Cognitive Sciences OR alternative equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Experience with the mixed methods research methods and approaches
- Experience across small business or marketplaces an advantage
LOCATION: AUSTIN OR CHICAGO. OPEN TO OTHER LOCATIONS.
PayPalTravel Percent: 0
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.