Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles.
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We’re problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
About the Team
The Online team is responsible for supporting and optimizing online checkout, supporting new product introductions, sending out marketing campaigns, upselling in all devices, and increasing online revenue overall.
You will report directly to the UX Group Manager within Zoom’s Online Business Unit. The team is a blend of UX research, UX designers, and UX writers who partner with the product team to deliver web features, new offers, and improvements in monthly releases.
About the Role
We are looking for a UX Researcher who is passionate about being the voice of our users and is able to drive qualitative and quantitative research to improve our Online customer experience. This role will partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and marketers to better understand what customers want as they find, purchase, and on board with Zoom in a digital fashion. The person in this role should be passionate about making customers happy.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Be well versed in Zoom products and user journeys in order to constantly optimize these experiences for customers
- Independently lead research planning and execution. This may include performing tasks such as participant recruitment and scheduling, producing test materials, setting up test environments, analyzing data, and communicating findings to cross-functional stakeholders
- Clearly communicate insights and learnings, tying directly to actionable next steps and impact on product direction
- Report and present research processes, research findings, and actionable design implications for various audiences, including senior management, in engaging ways
- Influence our design and experience through cross-functional collaboration with design, product, marketing, and analytics teams.
- Contribute to championing user research across the organization, leading company-wide efforts aiming to streamline the collection and sharing of user feedback
Here’s what you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in UX research
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative, across the various stages of product development
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, with a proven track record of executing research roadmaps leading to a meaningful impact on product direction
- You have a holistic vision, identify problems to be solved, and appreciate design in various forms.
- You are an accountable individual who values collaboration and has empathy with the team.
- Strong communication and collaborations skills
- Proficiency with Figma (our primary tool) or Sketch and HTML and CSS.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
- A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here.