Uber Freight connects shippers with truckers, much like how Uber connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world. On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more harmonious, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads.
About the Role
The Uber Freight User Experience Research Team is hiring experienced researchers to help us fulfill our mission to deeply understand people and context to champion customer obsession and define the future of Uber Freight. Our Research Team informs and influences the most important product decisions with outstanding insights about people, technology, and services in our current and future world.
As a UX researcher on Uber Freight, your number one job is to tackle user problems. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and product designers to iterate and build a usable, useful, and delightful experience that your team can launch! You'll engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in concepting, prototyping, service design, information design, workshop facilitation, and user research. As a T-shaped designer, you have at least one area you're an expert in but can handle a broad range of tasks from preparing assets for engineers to leading sprints.
What you'll do:
- Work with our Product and Design teams to creatively identify and explore new opportunities to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Design and conduct foundational, formative, and evaluative qualitative and quantitative user research
- Pioneer research methods when creative methods are necessary
- Collaborate with a diverse group of cross-functional product, design, engineer, and product marketing partners to achieve alignment and impact
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to drive understanding and user empathy across the organization
- Use your expertise to teach your quantitative and qualitative methods to other members of this team
- 3+ years of professional experience conducting user research
- Master's or Ph.D. Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field; or BA/BS and equivalent industry experience in a product-centric environment
- Previous experience conducting international research and working on products with global impact
- Previous experience in B2B research, building advertising products, and/or advertising/marketing.
- An understanding of research methods strengths and weaknesses and experience planning and conducting mid-to-large scale research projects across various product phases
- Experience with mixed methods - both qualitative and quantitative - with a focus on more strategic research
- Deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during various product phases
- Ability to concisely and persuasively communicate research findings