Our UX Research team is designing for the global diversity of human needs. This requires us to understand the behaviors of the people behind them. Our researchers tackle some of the most complex challenges to gain deeper insights into how people interact with each other and the world around them, impacting the experiences for billions of people on a global scale.
We use a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to accomplish our goals, including surveys, focus groups, field studies, usability tests, and 1:1 interviews. We value a diverse range of perspectives and stem from many different backgrounds.
The ideal candidate is passionate about continuously evolving Instagram for the needs of users around the world. We’re looking for excellent communicators who are knowledgeable about product design, personalization, devoted to understanding people, and curious about the relationship between technology and society. They will also need to be comfortable in a fast-moving organization, open-minded about learning new research methods, committed to high-quality and rigorous research, and focused on influencing the future of Instagram.
UX Researcher, Instagram (Mixed Methods) Responsibilities
- Work closely with product and business teams to identify research topics
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for the people who could use our products
- Design and execute end-to-end custom primary research using a wide variety of methods
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Effectively manage and prioritize research plans through ambiguous and fast-changing environments, align and efficiently execute critical insights and work with a large group of stakeholders
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Bachelor’s degree in a human behavior related field, such as Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Communication, Information science, Media studies, Computer Science, or Economics
- 4+ years’ relevant experience within user experience, applied research setting and/or product research and development
- Interest in and experience executing hands-on, primary research
- Experience translating research findings into strategic narratives
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
- Experience coding with R, SQL, STATA or SPSS
- Master’s degree or PhD in related field
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.