This role is for a Summer 2022 Internship, and will eventually be based in Boston, MA, New York, NY or San Jose, CA.
The right UX Research Intern candidate is passionate about understanding human behavior and solving problems, in order to help us design the best user experience for our customers.
Your responsibilities will include working closely with senior UX researchers, designers and product managers to help run research projects for our OneView ad platform at Roku used to control advertising campaigns that reach approximately 155 million streamers! OneView’s users are primarily advertisers or those who work for advertising companies – we aim to make their jobs easier and more delightful.
Our approaches include both formative and evaluative research, and we apply a variety of methodologies to find great insights. As an ideal candidate, you are knowledgeable about qualitative research and user-centered design methods. You’re not just excited to evaluate experiences - you have an insatiable desire to learn about people and improve user experiences from beginning to end. You thrive in collaborative and diverse environments. You enjoy both breadth and depth, and you want to make a positive difference.
The right candidate will have experience with:
- Developing research briefs and related documents such as moderator guides, recruitment screeners, findings reports, etc…
- Prioritizing and generating research questions in collaboration with team members
- Executing different methodological research plans, such as usability testing, surveys, heuristic evaluations, card sorting, tree testing and more
- Analyzing both qualitative data and survey data
- Translating data-driven insights into product recommendations
- Communicating findings effectively and creatively, comfortable speaking to small and large groups of stakeholders
Please apply if you have the following:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Human Centered Design and Research, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Anthropology or another related social science field with significant coursework in research
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of various qualitative research methods as well as some quantitative
- Comfortable in collaborative environments and confident to share thoughts and ideas with the team
- Ability to manage your workload while contributing to multiple projects
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude with the ability to adjust plans and pivot as needed