Join Messenger Kids, a collaborative and passionate team, with a mission to empower all kids to connect with friends and family through communication, creative expression and play. The UX Research Team aims to understand the parents and kids who use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. For this position, we are looking for a range from specialists to methodological generalists, with skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
Messenger Kids puts kids and their parents at the center of all we do. Our users (kids 6-12 years and parents) are at the heart of the experience. As a UX Researcher, you’ll run in-person qualitative research sessions with kids and their parents and conduct quantitative studies using our online community.
We need a UX Researcher who is capable of tackling all aspects of these projects. Your scope will include working with multiple product teams within Messenger Kids as well as collaborating with different product teams across the company. The right candidates will be communicators, knowledgeable about user experience design and research, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused on impacting the Messenger Kids product and business.
UX Researcher, Messenger Kids Responsibilities
- Design hypotheses and qualitative studies to derive insights about the behaviors and attitudes of kids and parents and identify opportunities for improving the Messenger Kids experience
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for the people who could use our products
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways to influence stakeholders and motivate behavior change
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other members of the research and Messenger Kids teams to align on priorities
- Lead participatory and design thinking workshops with stakeholders
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, including in-depth interviews, ethnographies, and focus groups
- Interpret and analyze research results through the lens of UX and social science
- Collaborate closely with qualitative researchers, and understand when to bring in quantitative experts for support
- Work cross-functionally with product management, data science, engineering, and marketing
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work
- Bachelor’s degree in a human behavior related field, such as Human-Computer Interaction, Child Development, Psychology, Sociology, Communication, Information science, Media studies, Computer Science, or Economics
- 7+ years’ relevant experience within user experience, applied research setting and/or product research and development
- Experience planning and executing complex research projects in a product group or business area, working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience identifying, initiating, and leading projects of large scope that contribute to the greater research/product team through mentoring, culture, subject matter, or research expertise
- Experience building meaningful cross-functional relationships
- Experience translating research findings into strategic narratives
- Effective communication skills with experience presenting to diverse audiences
- Experience with survey design and analysis
- Master’s degree in related field and 5+ years’ relevant experience, or PhD in related field and 2+ years relevant experience
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.