UX Researcher Netskope
ResearchUS, Remote2 months ago
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo.
Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive.
As a UX Researcher at Netskope, your work will empower our users on their journey to modernize their security for today’s cloud and mobile world. You will play a central role in discovering latent user needs and encouraging empathy for our users. You will work closely with a team of designers, researchers, field teams, and product managers with a common goal: create the best possible user experience for our users through user-centered, insight-driven design.
- Work with stakeholders to determine research goal and identify the best methods based on goals and resources
- Drive the research process from start to finish, from planning, protocol design, recruiting, session moderation, to data analysis.
- Model insights gained from research into formats best suited for engaging stakeholders, such as personas and user journey maps
- Present your insights and recommendation to a multi-disciplinary audience to inform product roadmaps and requirements.
- Actively work with designers and product managers to turn insights into actionable product requirements and designs
- Document and organize deliverables and artifacts from the research.
You are a good fit if you
- Believe and have a solid understanding of the design process
- Have a strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them
- Comfortable with both exploratory and evaluative research projects
- Have basic knowledge of statistics and principles of experiment design
- Are an excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Are endlessly curious about the human behavior
- Enjoy solving challenging problems with complex technology and constraints
- Thrive in a fast paced, but rewarding environment
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience
- Experience with methods such as user interview, lab studies, task analysis, usability test, ethnographic study, competitive analysis, and surveys
- Experience moderating in-person and remote research sessions
- Experience with presentation tools (like Google Slides or Powerpoint)
- Experience with remote user testing tools (like UserTesting) is a plus
- Experience with wireframing and prototyping tools (like Balsamiq or Figma) is a plus
- Online portfolio showcasing past projects in research is a plus
- Experience with enterprise products is a plus
- Degree in Cognitive Science, Social Science, Psychology, or related fields