Our work aims to understand the people who will use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. Our methods range from generative to evaluative, ethnography to experimentation, and involve close collaboration between researchers and our cross-functional partners.
As we scale the team, we're looking for teammates with a range of expertise from specialists to methodological generalists, with skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods. For this position, we are looking for experienced researchers with strong skills in a range of qualitative research methods.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about product development and design, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and passionate about understanding and helping people. If this sounds like you, come join us as we work to solve complex and meaningful problems for people around the world!
UX Researcher - Qualitative 2022 Responsibilities
- Work closely with product teams to identify research initiatives
- Design hypotheses and lead studies that examine both user behaviour and attitudes
- Generate actionable insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate product experiences
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for the people who could use our products
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (product management, data science, analytics, business, design, engineering, etc.) to identify and prioritize knowledge gaps in our understanding of the Facebook experience and design research that uniquely contributes to solving for those knowledge gaps
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in human behaviour related fields (Computer Science, HCI, Experimental Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Political Science, etc.)
- 2+ years experience in applied product research
- Ability to create a research plan including logical formulation of a research hypothesis.
- Basic understanding of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
- Ability to ask, as well as answer product and user experience related questions
- Experience with a range of qualitative methods including but not limited to interviews, contextual inquiry, concept testing, and diary studies
- Ability to handle complex information and adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to communicate research results to cross-functional stakeholders with data storytelling, presentation slides, and storytelling
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.