Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Design team crafts functional and delightful user experiences for consumers, restaurants, and consumers--on screen and in the real world--and helps set a people-centric long term vision for Eats. We are an interdisciplinary team including product designers, writers, and researchers.
About the Role
The Uber Eats User Experience Research Team is hiring experienced researchers to help us fulfill our mission to deeply understand people and context to champion customer obsession and define the future of Uber Eats. Our Research Team informs and influences the most important product decisions with outstanding insights about people, technology, and services in our current and future world.
In this role, you will shape the product vision of our Membership pillar, one of Uber's most strategic and impactful product areas. You will do this by uncovering unique user-centered opportunities that help Uber create a holistic and compelling Membership experience.
If you're inspired by this mission, unafraid to push your limits, and want to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun environment, we'd love to talk.
What you'll do:
- Work with our Product and Design teams to creatively identify and explore new opportunities to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Design and conduct foundational, formative, and evaluative qualitative and quantitative user research
- Pioneer research methods when creative methods are necessary
- Collaborate with a diverse group of cross-functional product, design, engineer, and product marketing partners to achieve alignment and impact
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to drive understanding and user empathy across the organization
- Use your expertise to teach your quantitative and qualitative methods to other members of this team
- 3+ years of professional experience conducting user research
- Master's or Ph.D. Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field; or BA/BS and equivalent industry experience in a product-centric environment
- Previous experience conducting international research and working on products with global impact
- Previous experience in B2B research, building advertising products, and/or advertising/marketing.
- An understanding of research methods strengths and weaknesses and experience planning and conducting mid-to-large scale research projects across various product phases
- Experience with mixed methods - both qualitative and quantitative - with a focus on more strategic research
- Deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during various product phases
- Ability to concisely and persuasively communicate research findings