UX Researcher UserTesting
ResearchUS, Remote2 months ago
UserTesting was founded in 2007, and is backed by world class VCs: Accel, Greenspring, Insight Partners, and OpenView. In 2020, we crossed $100M in revenue, and are accelerating our international growth from our San Francisco headquarters.
UserTesting is now present in 12 countries, with regional offices in Atlanta, Edinburgh, Singapore, and Oslo. Today, more than 2,000 organizations in 45 countries use the UserTestingⓇ Human Insight Platform to make more informed, customer-first decisions at scale.
Choosing to join our team means being part of a passionate group focused on transforming the way companies learn about their customers and build better products and experiences. Using our powerful software combined with the industry’s largest and most diverse panel of test participants, our customers can quickly target their audience and receive think-aloud video feedback from real people sharing their thoughts to your questions.
UserTesting’s industry-leading platform enables companies to get rapid feedback on all types of customer interactions and experiences: websites, mobile apps, prototypes, campaigns, real world experiences, and more! A recent Forrester study found the ROI of using UserTesting to be 655%!
We’re proud that this is our third year of being honored as an Inc. Best Workplace and a Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area, along with having received a variety of additional workplace and corporate growth awards. We’ve made a commitment to build and develop a diverse workforce that reflects the labor markets in which we operate.
We actively look to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital/family status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin, in addition to bringing a variety of backgrounds, interests and opinions. At the end of 2020, our global team was 43% women and 36% minority; in the U.S., our underrepresented minority population was 16%. In the last year, we’ve had more than a third of our employees take on new roles within UT.
We do everything we can to make UserTesting a place where you feel you belong and are empowered to do the best work of your career.
We are hiring a User Experience Researcher to help our customers leverage quantitative and qualitative insights throughout their company to provide consumers with a holistic customer experience when engaging with the company.
Suppose you love solving problems through an intensely collaborative research process, providing strategic recommendations to help companies move the needle by building customer empathy, creating a meaningful experience, and communicating these ideas. In that case, you may be our ideal candidate. In applying for this job, you should assess research, provide a path forward for our customers, and surface invaluable insights that influence the following steps and critical decisions that drive action. We seek a highly organized, goal-oriented, self-motivated, self-managed individual who has a strong passion for executing innovative research shaping our connected world.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with project managers, sales, and customer success teams to provide the best outcomes for our customers and their consumers;
- Ensure quality delivery by identifying opportunities for process improvement and standardization that will assist with efficiency while maintaining quality for our customers;
- Bring strategic thinking and business acumen to facilitate discussions with customers about their companies’ business objectives and how research drives their success;
- Drive action through ambiguity and multi-task strategic initiatives while prioritizing tactical tasks;
- Advocate for research findings to diverse audiences (researchers and non-researchers, all the way to executives) by communicating research insights and recommendations in compelling and creative ways.
This role reports directly to the Manager of User Experience Research.
What We’re Looking For
- A collaborative individual who has experience in working with teams in a fast-paced environment, making a difference in the digital space
- A self-starter who manages their own time in a fast-paced environment and proactively identifies issues and proposes solutions
- A researcher who believes in driving change through human insights and connecting technology with human empathy
- An empathetic, curious, and open-minded individual who strives to empower our customers with the knowledge to improve their consumers’ experiences
- Proven track record performing research initiatives and leveraging both qualitative and quantitative techniques
- History of having an impact on changing products by making them more usable and successful for consumers
- Command over a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design research methods (i.e., usability testing, concept testing, usability benchmarking, ethnography, longitudinal studies, journey mapping, personas, research roadmaps, diary studies, information architecture methods, etc.)
- Ability to guide the customer on the appropriate research strategy that addresses their business goals/objectives and critical questions needing answers;
- Excellent presentation and communication (oral and written) skills
- Bachelor's Degree. An advanced degree (Master’s in Human-Computer Interactions, Human Factors, Psychology, or related field) would be a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in customer-facing, enterprise-level, digital agency, or consulting conducting hands-on user research
- Portfolio demonstrating the research techniques and methodologies performed.
- Experience managing across geographically dispersed offices and a matrixed org
- Strategic and creative thinker, powerful analytical, data-driven mindset & excellent communication skills
- Self-starter and self-managed individual with a positive attitude
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative methodologies (i.e., usability testing, concept testing, usability benchmarking, ethnography, longitudinal studies, journey mapping, personas, research roadmaps, diary studies, information architecture methods, etc.)
- Understand and apply the proper quantitative and qualitative methods
- Guide customers on how to translate insights into opportunities
- Collaborate to define intent, development, testing, and refinement of prototypes
- Excellent written and oral communication, persuasion, storytelling, and compelling group presentation skills.
- Ability to distill complex ideas into streamlined and impactful storytelling that appeals to non-researchers
- Creatively develop approaches for researching complex user experience problems tied to business goals.
- Experience working in a fast-paced professional service environment and managing ambiguity, working autonomously, keeping organized, and multitasking.
- Constant attention to detail and pride in quality while also keeping an eye on the big picture
- Can-Do problem-solving mindset
Why You Should Work at UserTesting:
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we’re also growing the team quickly - join us!
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable. Unfortunately, we are not currently hiring in the state of Colorado.