Interactive Design Director
Wide EyeAnywherea month ago
Application Deadline: 5/28
Interactive Design Director
Wide Eye is an award-winning creative agency that does cutting-edge digital work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a seasoned Interactive Design Director for a full-time remote position (Washington DC or New York City area preferred). The successful applicant will help lead the design of our largest interactive projects collaboratively with our award winning design and engineering teams, creating web experiences that drive action. Applicants must have strong knowledge of user experience, research, interface design, branding, a good foundational knowledge of web development, code syntax and architecture, excellent communication skills, superb visual instincts, an eagerness to learn and a “can-do” work ethic.
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Work collaboratively with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
Design & Production
- Creatively lead interactive projects from start to finish – developing a clear design vision for a project, and communicating concepts and ideas to clients.
- Design clear, functional user experiences, including producing wireframes, prototypes, user interfaces, and design systems using Figma.
- Ensure UX design deliverables are client-ready and presentable.
Leadership & Strategy
- Guide Wide Eye’s product vision from an interactive design and usability perspective, and lead Wide Eye’s UX discipline.
- Conduct user research, interviews, surveys, user testing, journey mapping, and lead workshops on individual projects.
- Work in partnership with Project Management and Engineering teams to oversee execution of digital experiences, and ensure that they support all user-facing features and goals.
- Mentor more junior interactive designers and/or freelancers, providing guidance on interactive approach/vision and on strategy/execution.
- Seek opportunities for innovation, and to streamline and document our internal design process.
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles for the broader Wide Eye team.
- Introduce new software to streamline our interactive design creative process and assist our clients in testing and prototyping solutions.
- As needed, manage vendors to support our UX practice on active projects.
- Help recruit additional design staff and cultivate future design leaders.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years experience in UX and/or UI design
- Strategic thinker as it relates to website and mobile experiences
- Healthy understanding & curiosity of purpose behind the behavior of user groups, particularly as it relates to nonprofit organizations and campaigns
- Ability to concept and create compelling user experiences that maximize user engagement and action
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct design thinking for a wide range of digital products
- Expert knowledge of UI design principles and techniques
- Strong team leadership skills
- Expert knowledge of responsive design and mobile UI
- Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS properties and familiarity with current software technology trends.
- Expert-level knowledge of Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience collaborating directly with Engineering teams
- Experience with WordPress theme-ing
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and high-impact work environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present work to executives and larger groups
- Proven experience mentoring or managing other UI designers
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
- Working knowledge of CSS, front-end preprocessors, and frameworks
- Love of visual design
- Love of typography
- Experience with/passion for web animation
Annual salary range: $105k-$125k plus benefits
Apply for this position here. Please include your resume and either a link to your portfolio or recent work samples. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Wide Eye promotes diversity of thought, culture, and background which connects the Wide Eye team. Wide Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
*Applicant must be US-based.