Amazon Games, Orange County is seeking a UX Lead to work closely with our Art Director and Designers to lead our UX team in bringing innovative game play to life.
The UX Lead is responsible for the vision and implementation of the New World’s user experience including ownership of user interface. They will work under the guidelines of the Game Director and will be responsible for delivering intuitive, responsive and user-centered designs. He/she will supervise a team of UX designers, Technical Designers and UI artists. They will oversee the production of all aspects of the user interface. He/she will be a New World Product Owner and will be involved in steering the overall vision and design of New World.
· Maintain and herald the vision for New World’s UX and the UX style guide
· Design, layout, and flow of New World’s User Interface
· Write UX Design Documents which detail out the UX for game features
· Ensure game information is well conveyed and readable
· Management of a team of Designers, Technical Designers and Artists
· Work with user research to ensure a great user experience for new players
· Own process that takes designs from ideation to implementation
· Receive stakeholder buyoff on designs at multiple phases.
· Ensure final implementation of all features of the user experience are in compliance with the specifications
· Lead a team of artists to determine presentation of UI, signs and feedback
· Work directly with Art Director to deliver aesthetic
· Engage with audio team to ensure sound design supports goals
· Provide programmers with clear specifications of UI/UX components
· Partner with Production and game team to ensure achievable goals are set and that the team delivers.
· 7+ years of relevant experience (UX Design or UI Design)
· 1+ shipped AAA video game as UI Lead, Sr UI Designer or equivalent title
· 3+ years leading teams of leading teams
· Experience innovating and designing quality user experiences;
· Experience working on quality video games
· Strong communication skills
· Understand the components of today’s games ecosystem
· Proven ability to get hands on in toolsets and author content directly to establish pipeline or set quality bar for UX team.
· Demonstrates experience working in and comfortable with toolsets like Photoshop, After Effects or in engine UX scripting tools.
· Experience conducting or collaborating on Usability Tests, building user tasks and paper prototypes, and evaluating results to improve UX Ability to give clear and direction UI guidance
· Experience managing people
· Knowledge of LUA
· Experience with MMO or RPG game
· Experience managing large teams
· Experience working within a live game environment
· Experience with design documentation process, effort estimation and high level project planning