Do you love the feeling of creating simple and intuitive experiences? Do you have a passion for understanding how each element of a design affects the user journey as a whole? The role of the Retail App Design team is to concept and craft the UX/UI for apps used by Apple store employees to enable phenomenal customer experiences in our physical spaces. As a UX/UI Writer on the team you’ll craft copy for Apple’s point-of-sale system, as well as a suite of operational tools that enable shopping, learning and service experiences. This is a hands-on writing role and requires an individual who has a passion for distilling complex requirements into elegant solutions.
- 5+ years of proven experience as a UI Writer, Content Designer or similar role
- A deep understanding of UX and how copy and design support each other
- Experience contributing to and following a style guide
- You thrive working in a team environment and are motivated by feedback from designers and cross-functional partners
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and a track record of delivering solid work in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about crafting copy that’s inclusive, accessible, and can be successfully translated to ensure high-quality global executions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to expertly present work to team members
- Genuine passion for Apple, its products, and its customers
As UX/UI Writers we love words and language, and have strong feelings about style, grammar, tone, and voice. The only thing that rivals our passion for language is our passion for great user experiences. We are advocates for clear, concise UI, and you champion writing and design that supports both the content and the user.
The Retail Employee Apps team ensures that the design intent is maintained throughout development phase by partnering closely with product, localization, engineering and field engagement teams. We use research, usability testing and analytics data to inform design solutions and ensure that they meet needs of users around the world. We feel a strong sense of ownership, not just for our own results, but for the quality of the entire experience.
IN THIS ROLE:
- You’ll craft comprehensive documentation including copy docs and style guides
- You’ll partner with designers, product managers, operations specialists and engineers to distill insights and requirements into simple, intuitive interfaces
- You’ll use your judgment and discretion to think “in an unexpected way’ and solve complex problems in creative and effective ways
- You’ll develop clear, concise copy for VoiceOver so that Retail employee apps and features are accessible, even for users who can’t see the screen
- You’ll refine and update deliverables to respond to feedback from users, cross-functional team members, and senior partners
- You’ll work with localization partners to continually improve the translation process and ensure that copy is accurate and relevant in every Apple store
- You'll socialize designs to broad audiences to gather feedback and build consensus
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred.