TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
We're looking for an experienced UX Writer to join our fast growing team at TikTok in Los Angeles, CA or Mountain View, CA. As a UX Writer you will collaborate closely with members of the TikTok Product Management, Design, Marketing, User Research, Engineering, and Localization teams to build products that captivate and engage our viewers and content creators. Through clear, expressive writing, you'll transform product features and concepts so that they're intuitive and easy to understand.
As an advocate for our users, you'll use design thinking, empathy, and data to help shape and refine our product and identify opportunities to build better experiences for our users. You're independent, proactive, and comfortable with ambiguity and problem-solving, and you have experience juggling multiple projects and prioritizing them to have the greatest impact for your team and the company. You're also a content strategist, helping to define product narratives in conjunction with our Community, Marketing, and User Growth teams.
You'll write and edit content for web and mobile interaction flows, as well as both apply and evolve our style guidelines. As an experienced product writer, your portfolio includes examples of how you've defined and simplified user experiences through UI content.
1. Write and edit UI text to help users navigate our products, including work on: onboarding, feature naming, promos, product tours, error messages, instructional materials
2. Lead content audits to identify opportunities and drive consistency across the product
3. Contribute to our content standards and be a champion for best practices
4. Manage and prioritize projects with multiple stakeholders across different time zones
5. Understand how to balance business requirements and customer needs in building features
6. Ability to critique the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
7. Collaborate with, influence, and drive consensus with stakeholders and their feedback
8. Work with writers across teams to define a cohesive narrative across the product
9. Complete high-quality work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
1. Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
2. 2+ years of relevant experience in creating content for digital tech products
3. UX writing portfolio including, but not limited to: user interface copy, microcopy, user education, direct or transactional emails, style guides or product launch content
4. Self-starter who can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and stay focused when faced with changing requirements
1. Experience working on a global product with international partners in different time zones
2. Experience collaborating with Product Management, Design, User Research, Engineering, and Localization teams
3. Experience using Sketch, Figma, and Asana
4. Strong interest in social app products, user and influencer behavior, and associated trends