- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 20 years of professional UX experience or 18 years with an advanced degree.
- Experience with front-end mobile and web technologies.
- A UX portfolio, demonstrating clear insights, problem-solving, and simple solutions resulting in innovative and impactful outcomes.
- Retail and/or financial services experience.
- Experience contributing to innovative, successful products, and UI Platforms.
- Experience collaborating with designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Effective managerial and operational skills including extensive experience in leading large teams and driving organizational design, career development, operations, and culture both within UX organizations.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate positions and advocate designs.
About the job
As the Vice President of User Experience (UX) for Commerce, you will contribute to the goal of democratizing e-commerce across shopping, payments, and travel for consumers and businesses everywhere. Commerce UX drives design strategy and helps set product priorities, teaming closely with the General Manager of Commerce and other senior leaders at Google to define and deliver on the next iteration of the multifaceted product suite.
As a UX Leader, you'll envision, define, and drive the future of Google design through the work you lead. You will identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems, and inspire a multidisciplinary UX team to push the boundaries of what’s possible for compelling user experiences that deliver true user value.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Partner with the Commerce General Manager and other key Commerce leaders across product management and engineering to create a product vision and strategic roadmaps for the Commerce Portfolio (including Consumer and Merchants Shopping, Travel and Payments).
- Lead all phases of UX design work across the Commerce Portfolio; distilling research, design ideation, prototyping, final spec design, and implementation.
- Attract, hire, and grow a UX team, and provide leadership, direction, and mentorship across a multi-disciplinary organization of interaction designers, visual designers, researchers, prototypers, writers, motion designers, and program managers.
- Foster Google’s culture and product quality principles within the group, while setting new standards in executional excellence.