Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Communications team brings the Dropbox story to life and shares it with the world. From product announcements to user stories to speaking engagements, our work takes many forms and reaches diverse, international audiences. We build compelling narratives to help people connect with our product, brand, and vision.
Our Communications team brings the Dropbox story to life and shares it with the world. From news announcements to user stories to speaking engagements, our work takes many forms and reaches diverse, international audiences. We build compelling narratives to help people connect with our product, brand, and vision.
As a Visual Communications Designer, you will be embedded in our Internal Communication & Culture team, a sub-team of the broader Communications organization. You will join a growing team of storytellers and communicators responsible for crafting the way we inform, motivate and inspire Dropbox employees. In this role, you will collaborate with other designers and content writers to visually reinforce our most important company messages through branding, illustration, presentation design, and more.
- Partner with key stakeholders to create visual narratives that bring their content to life in both a compelling and easy to understand way.
- Design presentations and visuals to help tell stories at internal company-wide events and meetings.
- Work on internal projects and campaigns that celebrate, educate, and inspire the employees at Dropbox across a variety of mediums— branding, illustration, print, social, etc.
- Establish visual and brand consistency across all communication platforms and channels.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a diverse group of teams, including communications, executive leadership, people team and more.
- 3-5 years of experience designing well-crafted, inspiring brands and creative visuals across various mediums.
- A portfolio of your design work that showcases your design process, conceptual ability, and examples in communication design, illustration, and branding.
- Experience working cross-functionally with teams like Communications, Executive Leadership, and HR.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity, tight deadlines, and shifting requirements.
- Strong communication and visual storytelling skills and able to clearly articulate rationale for design decisions.
- Ability to deconstruct complicated ideas into compelling, easy-to-understand visuals.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Experience using Keynote, Google Slides, and PowerPoint.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)