The Explore Brand & Content team is looking for a customer-obsessed Visual Designer to help grow our business and create innovative and engaging visual experiences across marketing and brand initiatives.
Key job responsibilities
As a visual designer, you will be responsible for creating best-in-class designs while maintaining the high standards set by our brand guide. You need to be an organized self-starter that can deal with ambiguity and an excellent collaborator who has no problem presenting–and defending–your ideas to other designers, product managers, and company leaders. Working closely with the art director, copywriter and marketing team you will set the standard for design solutions with world-class design talent, command of visual principals, and attention to detail. This job involves conceptual design, production design and presentation design work.
About the team
Amazon Explore (amazon.com/explore) is a newly-launched service that allows you to interact live with hosts to learn, shop, and discover new places through your computer. Discover culture and landmarks, learn new hobbies, or purchase hard-to-get, curated items from unique places. The Explore Brand & Content team is looking for a customer-obsessed Visual Designer to help grow our business and create innovative and engaging visual experiences across marketing and brand initiatives.
• A portfolio of work that highlights marketing and campaign experience across several platforms
• Ability to demonstrate creative designs with measurable results
• Ability to turn around a large volume of design assets with attention to detail
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication Design, Digital Design, Digital Advertising, or comparable degree program, or commensurate professional experience
• 4+ years of experience as a production designer, visual designer, interaction designer or similar experience
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
• Excellent organization skills and ability to establish clear processes
• Ability to work with minimal guidance and direction in a fast-pace environment, managing multiple projects with varying deadlines
• Experience with social design
• Illustration skills are a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.