Posted: Aug 2, 2021
Weekly Hours: 35
People at Apple don’t just design products — they design the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do!
Apple Media Products services the emerging editorial content being created- such as curated music playlists selected by our specialist editors, and radio shows hosted by top-tier personalities. We are in a period of rapid development and it’s an extremely exciting time to join this part of the Apple Design Studio!
The Visual Designer is part of our International Design organisation, focused in music.
This is a 14-month maternity contract, based in Central London.
We're looking for a strategic thinker, problem solver and visual communicator who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver end-to-end design across Apple Music and iTunes; and who can collaborate well across internal teams.
Primarily focused on production, this role is responsible for extending campaign creative, building on our design systems and sustained support of playlists, radio shows and weekly featuring art.
- Demonstrable design experience within editorial, advertising and/or branding.
- Expert level in Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Expert level photo retouching, compositing and presentation layout.
- Deep understanding of digital design, typography and branding.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot technical and process related issues.
- Experience in a fast paced production environment.
- Excellent communication; both written and verbal.
- A keen awareness of visual trends associated across design, music and culture.
- An appreciation of the Apple design aesthetic and history.
- Experience in music, entertainment or agency / editorial is a big plus.
We work with cross-functional teams, such as Editorial, Brand Development, Human Interface, Original Content, Marketing, Motion, Engineering and Localization.
You will be accountable for the scaling of existing brands across Apple Music playlists, radio shows, value campaigns, local promotions and weekly featuring art.
In addition to production design, you will possess a keen eye to ensure quality across static and motion assets.
All design at Apple is considered very closely by many teams. You will need to have experience working in a fast paced, iterative process and be able to manage multiple asks and feedback with great efficiency.
Education & Experience
Degree in BSc/BA Graphic Design, Digital Design, Visual Communication or equivalent work experience.
- YOUR PORTFOLIO DEMONSTRATES:
- - A detail-oriented and meticulous Designer
- - A command of visual and communication design across digital platforms
- - Strength in adapting brands across unique visual styles
- - Stylistic breadth, balance and an innovated approach to work
- - A problem solver who is strategically-centered