Join our Winning Team as a Visual Designer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, our culture is strong and our team is connected
CARFAX is growing and seeking an experienced Visual Designer who is looking for a new opportunity with a GREAT company. Our ideal candidate will extend the CARFAX brand across all of our digital channels in a way that our customers will love.
This position is full time and based in Ontario. Open to considering remote candidates who are willing to travel several times a quarter to our London, Ontario office.
As a Visual Designer, you will:
- Understand our brand and its unique value proposition to our customers and internally within CARFAX
- Be the hands-on leader that visualizes our brand and its distinctive brand assets across formats and platforms
- Build consensus with a diverse group of stakeholders with your expertise around our vision for brand solutions to their challenges.
- Work across projects to define, maintain, and evolve the tools, processes, and communication around asset management and out corporate style guide.
- Leverage principle contributors to explore concept development to influence product, a point-of-view around visual style, and product commitments.
- Champion CARFAX products, our brand promise, and our unique value prop across the company.
In a given week, our Visual Designers might be:
- Working with design Director and Managers to create strategy around needs and opportunities.
- Exploring and defining branding needs and best practices.
- Sketching rough ideas of differing directions to gather wisdom of crowds.
- Iterating on sketches to create polished concepts for testing and presentation.
- Presenting everything from concept to final deliverables.
- Partnering with UX Designers, Marketers, user Researchers and Sales teams to bring the CARFAX brand to life across a wide spectrum of opportunities
- Managing the CARFAX Style Guide to keep it clear, considerate and up to date.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 5+ years of experience designing graphics for apps, marketing campaigns, and print efforts.
- Be proficient in using design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- The ability to travel to the U.S. approximately 4-5 times a year
- Have an online portfolio of you work samples you can share with us.*
*Please Note: an online portfolio is required for consideration.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.