People at Apple don’t just design products — they design the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
Apple Books Content Design is looking for a world-class Visual Designer to join us on a One-year fixed-term contract. This opportunity is for the designer, communicator and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver end-to-end design across media types, screens, formats and technologies; and who can collaborate well with others.
The Product & Design team conceptualises, designs and creates the content experiences for some of Apple’s most visible products. Your ideas can impact the way people consume media products, what they look and feel like and how they’re used by millions of people across the globe.
- Extensive illustration experience and an ability to execute across a variety of styles, whilst aligning your aesthetic to the Apple Books brand
- Experience creating and leading the output of editorial design product (e.g., Magazines, Digital Content, Journalism, etc.)
- Passion for a wide variety of editorial, digital and magazine design
- Fluency across graphic design, typography, photography and illustration
- Conceptual thinker who is strategically-centred
- Authors, shares and merchandises ideas in a cogent and inspiring manner
- Delivers highly-resolved works at the intersection of culture and design
- Clear and concise communication, organisation skills and ability to work across time zones
- Demonstrated mastery of Adobe Creative Suites, particularly Illustrator
- Ability to prototype visual design work in situation
- Strong sensibility for photography and illustration; sourcing, art-buying, editing, re- touching
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as package and present solutions to the wider creative team. Quickly and beautifully.
- This is a creative position dedicated to crafting story lines and visual design systems while maintaining a deep understanding of digital content curation.
- You're responsible for researching, crafting and executing conceptual designs for curated content on the Apple Books platform, based on creative briefs and partnerships with the editorial and business teams.
- You will be encouraged to move fluidly between creating outstanding visual solutions, and art-directing external vendors such as illustrators and photographers.
- Your portfolio demonstrates:
- - A comprehensive command of visual and communication design principles
- - Strength in translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions
- - Creative innovation while remaining strategically grounded
- - Stylistic breadth and meticulous attention to detail
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. So come and join an inclusive and open team culture!
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.