Visual Designer Musixmatch
UX UIBologna, Italy, EU, Remote2 months ago
Musixmatch is the leading music metadata company, featuring the world’s largest lyrics catalog and +70M users as contributors. Musixmatch is a partner of companies like Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, MTV, Shazam, Vevo and has a partnership with +4,000 indie music publishers and top music publishers like Sony/ATV, EMI Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell, Kobalt, BMG Rights, and Harry Fox Agency.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Visual Designer, you will be a crucial part of our Design team. We are looking for a highly creative Visual Designer who can take conceptual ideas and represent them visually. Our ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software and will be skilled at every step of the design process, from concept ideation to the final deliverable. The Visual Designer should be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas coming from multiple teams at our company and convert them into a design that connects. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing. If you think you have what it takes to bring ideas to life with visual impact, we want to hear from you.
- Collaborating with multiple teams on a wide range of materials that may include presentations, videos, infographics, landing pages, and material for internal and external communications;
- Working with our People team to help design our company employer brand - our careers site, Linkedin, and other social media sites.
- Collaborating with the Product team to help us design the best gear for our employees
- Developing concepts and translating the company’s strategic direction into the high-quality design within our brand identity;
- Using an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism;
- Explaining and discussing design decisions eloquently.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a Degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant experience
- You have at least 5 years of proven experience
- You are exceptionally creative and innovative design skills
- You have strong problem-solving skills
- You proved your skills with design software (Adobe Creative Suite's Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects)
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- You have the ability to effectively take direction and work proactively proposing projects and initiatives
- You are a collaborative team player who enjoys working with others and loves challenges
- You are fluent in English, spoken and written
THE RECRUITING PROCESS:
If you successfully pass through our screening process, we'll invite you to take on a quick test (it should take you a few hours to complete) aimed at assessing how you think and solve possibly unfamiliar problems. If you're successful there, we'll invite you to some interviews to get to know each other and figure out if it’s a good fit for both parties. The interviews are held remotely via Google Meet.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
We are a bunch of creatives who care about our work and what we do. We believe that participation and collaboration are key to getting things done well. We are looking for tech-savvy people who are eager to learn in a fast-paced environment, who have an international outlook on life, and who love taking on new challenges.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible holidays plan
- Remote working, flexible schedule
- Generous training budget
- Italian and English language lessons
- A brand new Macbook and iPhone
- Company-wide retreat once per year
- Welfare plan
- We support on relocation to Bologna, including maximum of 2 months rent
Bologna, Italy but it’s fine to work remotely sometimes.
Musixmatch is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and on-boarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until it is safe to return to the office.
**Due to the amount of CVs that we receive, unfortunately it is impossible to answer to every applicant, thus if you have not received a response from us, please be patient. We do assure you that we will contact you should you be selected to move forward in the recruitment process. We would therefore like to thank all applicants for their interest and time.**