As a Visual Designer at Tesla, you will be responsible for the design development of all visual brand communications. You will be part of the team that creates and executes world-class graphic design, branding, and more.
Using your considerable design experience and innovative thinking, you will be tasked with working with the team in creating designs for visual brand communications but you may also be called upon for other design tasks (photography, illustration, etc.) based on your skillset. Our design team prides itself on being multitalented and flexible, and we look for the same in our potential candidates. You will report to the manager for Content Creation.
- Develop and design assets for events, communications, web, marketing, sales, products, and anything else that needs graphic design work to communicate Tesla’s visual style in a creative way. This can be anything from full-on campaigns from start-to-finish or unique one-off properties.
- Some project will require you to work with engineers, digital modelers, architects, and other professionals within the company.
- Participate in cross-functional strategy, timing, and process discussion as it pertains to brand communications.
- Work cross-functionally with designers of other disciplines
- Work with suppliers to achieve our design goals on any physical assets.
- Collaborate with the fabrication team to complete prototypes when necessary.
- Occasionally participate in design efforts outside of your area of expertise as necessity and as your own skillset dictates.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-8 years of work experience in visual design or a related field
- Must be able to show a portfolio of work that reflects creative thinking, broad range, and modern, minimalist taste.
- Beneficial to have in-depth technical knowledge of product development as it relates to graphic design (such as printing, web and mobile app development, etc)
- Excellent at creating and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.
- Exceptional visual and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver successful designs under tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout career.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design (or similar)
- Preference given to candidates who have a proficiency in one of the following areas: Illustration, 3D/Rendering, Motion Graphics, Photography/Retouching
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).