Amazon Lab126 is building groundbreaking, V1 devices that delight customers and raise the bar for customer experience.
As a Voice UX Designer, you will define and drive spoken language and multimodal interfaces for Amazon's first consumer robot, Astro. You must be an innovator, since you will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which no interaction paradigm currently exists. You must be proactive, because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be to forge a path forward to keep the team ahead of the curve. You must be a collaborator, as you will be working side by side with product managers, engineers, and UX designers to bring your designs to life. You must simultaneously be pragmatic and a visionary translating business needs into new-to-the-world, customer-focused solutions. And most importantly, you must excel at conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract, communicating them effectively to the larger team, and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
You will also be responsible for helping prioritize the team’s work and magnifying the impact of the team’s output across organizational boundaries.
We are looking for a designer who can:
· Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications
· Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews
· Draw on depth of experience, but initiate UX research and testing efforts as needed
· Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX efforts
· Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues
· Speak authoritatively on concepts of spoken interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers
· Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
· Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment
· Communicate clearly and think quickly
· 3+ years of professional experience as an interactive designer/user experience designer;
. 2+ years experience in human-computer interaction design in voice or multimodal speech interfaces.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, Linguistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Cognitive Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
· User experience design experience including data-driven analytics and a working understanding of speech and language technologies.
· Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
· Professional portfolio of voice design
· Experience working on projects from inception to shipping product.
· Experience presenting to and advising senior management.
· Track record of delivering large scale strategic design initiatives with a bias toward scalable systems and patterns.
· Passion for learning and innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations
· Demonstrated ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Excellent communication, presentation, business writing and storytelling skills.
· Experience leading and working in rapid, iterative design and development processes.