Web Motion Graphics Designer Mapbox
Graphic DesignSan Francisco, Washington, US, Remote2 months ago
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The WWW team designs, develops, measures, and optimizes every page on the marketing website. We work closely with product and company leadership to perfect our messaging and to deliver impactful first impressions to visitors of our website. We’re involved with every product launch and customer-facing communication using the latest state-of-the-art design and web publishing tools to deliver our message to the widest possible audience.
What You’ll Do
- Work with product managers to understand road map features and bring these to life on the website.
- Collaborate with other designers and developers on the team to brainstorm creative ideas to ensure we have one of the most stunning websites on the internet
- Develop graphics and animations to make even the most technical Mapbox products easily understood without sifting through dense documentation
- Work closely with the team to measure page performance providing alternative designs used for A/B testing the website
- Create stunning “Lottie animations” for use with Webflow our web publishing tool
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, eagerness to understand the growing product line and find the best ways to connect the dots with our visitors visually
- Empathy and kindness; willingness to learn from different perspectives and patience to help others grow.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with distributed teams.
- Strong design acumen enabling you to work across projects related to straightforward graphic design tasks to more complex user experience challenges
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity